Melbourne Docklands is a unique waterfront development in the heart of Melbourne comprising 200 hectares of land and water and seven kilometres of waterfront.
What is "Personal Information"?
"Personal information" is any information or opinion (recorded in any form) about a person, whether true or not, from which that person may be identified.
What we use your information for.
We use the information that we collect to research the needs of our customers and potential customers, improve the content of VicUrban's website www.docklands.com (the Site) and to market our products and services where VicUrban has obtained your consent.
What types of "Personal Information" do we collect?
The types of personal information which we may obtain about a person for the purposes of marketing, our business as a FTTH provider or to assist with our internal reporting are:
1. personal information provided by individuals via our contact and registration forms, contests, or other means, either in person or via the Site;
2. personal information collected by us for the above purposes including for the purposes of marketing (ie. photographs);
3. aggregated information on the usage of the Site. When you visit the Site, our Internet Service Provider records your visit and logs your server address, top level domain name (ie. .com, .gov, .au), the date and time, the pages accessed and documents downloaded; and
4. personal information provided by individuals applying for employment with us. This information will be used for the sole purpose of assessing your application for employment.
Who do we disclose your information to?
If you choose to withhold your consent to our using all or part of your personal information, even for these limited purposes, you can do so by informing our Privacy Officer that you do not wish your personal information to be used for any purposes by us.
Our business as a FTTH provider.
We will protect the confidentiality of information and documents that come into our knowledge or possession in connection with our business as a FTTH provider that relate to:
1. the contents or substance of communications carried, or intended to be carried, on our FTTH network;
2. the FTTH network supplied, or intended to be supplied, by us; and
3. the affairs or personal particulars of another person.
You can have access to the information VicUrban holds about you.
We adopt a policy of open access by our customers and potential customers to their personal information. If you request access to your personal information, we will give it to you unless giving your access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others, would provide access to information generated through a commercially sensitive decision-making process, would prejudice negotiations involving us, would pose a threat to individual or public health and safety, or would otherwise be unlawful.
Keeping information about you secure and up to date.
We aim to keep your personal information secure and up to date. You can update your personal information at anytime by contacting our Privacy Officer on (03) 8317 3400. If we find we have no further need for your personal information we will remove it from our system and destroy all record of it. We would welcome any changes to your details so as to keep our records up to date.
Your rights to limit our use of information about you.
Where it is lawful and practicable, you can also deal with us anonymously.
Your right to register a privacy complaint.
We place a high importance on the security, integrity and privacy of personal information. Consistent with this approach the Site uses SSL to secure transmissions of the internet. You should be aware, however, that there are inherent risks associated with transmitting information across the internet.
Consistent with industry practice, the Site's web server automatically records clickstream data. This data is collected by us, or in some instances an independent service provider, to measure and evaluate the Site for internal monitoring and reporting purposes. Clickstream data recorded by the Site's server includes:
1. your server address;
2. the web page your are visiting;
3. the date and time you visited the Site;
4. the pages you accessed and documents you downloaded;
5. the type of browser you are using; and
6. the address of the referring site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Further Privacy Information
For more information about privacy issues and protecting your privacy, visit the Office of the Victorian Privacy Commissioner website.
Illustrations, diagrams and plans shown in this website are artist impressions for presentation purposes only and are subject to change.